Duration: 4-6 months
Commitment: Part Time/Full Time (Flexible)
Languages: English is the working language. Knowledge of Arabic, French, Dutch and Portuguese will be considered an added advantage, as well as any other (African) languages.
Web Designer Internship/Volunteer Position:
Stichting Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human rights is looking for a volunteer or intern who would like to redesign and update our organisation’s website. Our Design Internship/Volunteer Program aims to provide applicants with an opportunity to build up their knowledge of Graphic Design for Non-Profit Organisations.
Applicants tasks may include:
- Conceptualizing creative ideas and designs;
- Testing and improving the design of the website;
- Establishing design guidelines, standards, and best practices;
- Maintaining the appearance of our website by enforcing content standards;
- Designing visual imagery for websites and ensuring that they are in line with the Centre’s brand;
- Working with different content management systems;
- Communicating design ideas using user flows, process flows, sitemaps and wireframes;
- Incorporating functionalities and features into websites;
- Designing sample pages including colours and fonts, and
- Preparing design plans and presenting the website structure.
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, and other visual design tools;
- Good understanding of content management systems;
- Good understanding of search engine optimization principles;
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues;
- Excellent visual design skills;
- Up-to-date experience with international web protocols, standards, and technologies;
- Creative and open to new ideas;
- Adaptable and willing to learn new techniques, and
- Excellent communication skills.
20+ hours per week
About Stichting Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights:
Stichting Centre for African Justice, Peace and Human Rights is a purpose-driven non-profit Foundation established in The Hague with the aim of promoting justice, peace and human rights in Africa and around the world. For more information about us, we invite you to visit our website at http://centreforafricanjustice.org
Ancient traditional ideologies in African communities are founded on communal development. This has impacted ‘the African’ in the sense that he/she thinks of “We” rather than “I”. Therefore, to achieve Ridhika, Africans must ‘work together to grow together’. At CAJPHR, we strongly believe that growth in Africa can be achieved through widespread sensitization and capacity building. We strengthen the capacity of communities in the continent by helping them to come up with long lasting solutions gearing towards development and Ridhika Afrika.
Through the voluntary actions of individuals who have chosen to share our goals and pursue our interests, we conduct trainings, campaigns, rallies, symposiums, and town hall meetings. We distribute books and other informative materials on peace, justice and human rights. We host television and radio programmes on subjects related to our values, vision and mission. We also invite experts and practitioners from different parts of the world to Africa, to build capacity of their contemporaries and exchange ideas on peace, justice and human rights. In general, we engage in dialogues for justice, peace and human rights in Africa.